Cortech Developments and Grosvenor Technology have enjoyed success in sectors such as Healthcare and Retail amongst others, since the integration of the Datalog SMS and JANUS Access Control system back in 2004.
More recently there have been some major integration enhancements which allow the Datalog software to communicate with the JANUS Access Control system using XML messages via the JANUS Gateway service. The Janus Photo ID driver is an additional integration feature.
The JANUS Gateway feature is only available if the JANUS Software Version is 4.001 or greater. If the Janus Gateway is authorised to allow the operations, the Datalog can:
- Monitor alarm inputs for active, short or tamper conditions.
- Monitor door ‘Wedged’ and ‘Forced’ alarms.
- Inputs are isolated / restored on the JANUS system when inhibited / activated on the Datalog system.
- Door locks on the JANUS system can be switched by Output control buttons on the Datalog graphics.
- Card badgings may be logged with reader and cardholder information.
- Card badgings can be set to trigger an alarm for Invalid actions and/or valid actions which could enable camera operation.
- Outputs on the JANUS system can be switched by Output control buttons on the Datalog graphics.
- Mode operation on the JANUS system can be switched by Output control buttons on the Datalog graphics.
- Monitor control “Box” alarms such as box open, mains fail and communication loss with an additional driver option, photographs can be displayed upon card badging.
The JANUS Photo ID driver is available to display a photograph of the owner of a JANUS access card when it is presented at a reader. Settings allow the picture to display for either valid badge events, invalid badge events or both.
- This Janus Photo Id driver is an addition to a Datalog system that is running the JANUS XML software via the JANUS Gateway communication link.
- The Datalog PC must have either a Master or client version of Janus for Windows installed, and a
- Standalone or Master Datalog must communicate with the JANUS system via the JANUS Gateway service.
- The JANUS Picture Extraction tool uses the card-holders employee number as a link to the picture, therefore each card-holders employee number must be assigned and must be unique.
- All pictures used for ID must be of the same format. i.e all have a file extension of .jpg or .bmp or .tiff.