Cortech’s Datalog 5 GUI now incorporates a driver to communicate with the Gallagher Command Centre solution. The Datalog’s Gallagher integrated driver is an Open Protocol Communication (OPC) client, which receives status changes and modifies override values via the Gallagher OPC server.
Gallagher is a global technology supplier of integrated access control and perimeter protection, encompassing both hardware and software systems.
The system is set up by assigning status values to Datalog circuits or relays, and overrides to relays or circuits. Once set up, input and door alarms will be reported as Datalog alarms. Doors can be opened and outputs switched using output groups and output icons.
The system also supports additional Gallagher Trophy FT fence controllers. The fence zones can be switched on and off by arming and disarming associated access controlled alarm zones. Fence alarms are reported via the fence zone status.
A further option is also available to acknowledge the Gallagher servers’ alarm queue, by implementing the servers’ OPC alarm and event service.
Gallagher Command Centre is the central management tool for the Gallagher security system, and its core features include:
– Configuration wizards and templates to help with installation and site maintenance.
– Multi server architecture delivering cross operational cover by configuring a site to control and monitor other sites.
– Comprehensive searching and reporting options.
– Integration with visitor management self-registration kiosks.
– Extensive operator privileges to control who is able to view and edit information.
– System division allowing the system to be segmented for management and monitoring purposes.
– Cardholder import for sharing cardholder data with other people management systems for a single source of data entry and maintenance.
– Integration support for imaging, elevator and digital intercom systems.
The Gallagher Command Centre server options are based on the number of doors controlled, which can range from zero to an unlimited number. It is a powerful, operator-friendly security system which can be easily upgraded to include a range of optional features.